How to promote a video? How to promote your Youtube video on the Internet? How to increase the number of your views on Youtube? How to broadcast your advertising spot on the web? How to support the launch of a viral video with paid advertising? What formats do Google Adwords and Youtube offer to advertise a video on the Internet?
More views on your Youtube videos
Promoting your videos well to get the most out of them starts with the concept of your videos.
An average video will obviously be more difficult to promote than a video designed to generate sharing or position itself in the Youtube search engine.
A quality video will be broadcast more often on social networks, blogs will be more willing to embed it in their articles and it will appear more often when a request is typed on Youtube or Google.
Two types of videos really have potential in terms of views on Youtube:
1. Viral videos: viral videos (difficult to make) generate positive or negative emotions, make people smile, shock, excite, create a debate, bounce off the news….
2. Tutorial videos: because they are naturally positioned in Youtube and Google engines by responding to users’ problems.
Now that we have laid these foundations, let’s explore ways to increase your views on Youtube.
1. How to promote your videos on Youtube?
The best way to promote a video is still to enjoy the monstrous audience of Youtube:
1. The key to success on Youtube is to concentrate all your typing power (free and paid) in order to get as many links, shares, votes, comments and views as possible in a limited time. A strong dynamic will send positive signals to Youtube, naturally driving your content up the rankings and generating more traffic on your video.
2. Now, if you have a budget to spend, there are many formats available to promote your videos on Youtube.
Youtube campaigns can allow you to:
– Put a viral video into orbit within the first hours / days after publication-
Present your product through video and therefore generate sales-
Present your application and generate downloads-
Conduct a brand awareness campaign around your brand
2. Broadcast your video by email
Use all available means to quickly increase the number of views and shares in the first few days after the video is published.
Email is an effective way to communicate on your new video to:
- your customer bases
- Your newsletter subscribers
- Your partners
- Your colleagues
Broadcast your video but don’t forget to optimize your emails for a maximum opening rate
3. Distribute your video to bloggers
Links to your video page have a significant impact on the referencing of your video on Youtube. A better referencing will allow you to obtain better positions when a user looks for a video and therefore “natural” views.
When a blogger relays your video on his blog, it is obviously a quality link for your video and guarantees additional views and sharing with the blog audience. Feel free to also solicit influential accounts on Twitter to get retweets that can help propel your video. Check out the tips for contacting bloggers and influencers
However, for a blogger to publish your video, it must have an interest and not just be an advertisement.
4. Broadcast your video on social networks
Social networks are obviously a powerful distribution tool for a video. Just look at how much the stars of Youtube are careful to also promote their social accounts by asking Internet users to follow them. A large subscriber base on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest can create a critical mass of traffic on your video in a short period of time. And so to position your video as “trending” in Youtube.
If hundreds of users are currently enjoying, sharing, viewing your video, Youtube will consider that your video deserves to be seen by other Internet users and will therefore promote your content. It is this mechanism that allows a video to become viral.
Also consider publishing your video on sites like Reddit that can generate monster traffic if your video likes and buzzes.
Finally, Facebook and Twitter offer paid advertising formats to promote a video to a targeted audience:
1. The “Engagement with Page Publications” objective promotes a video posted on Facebook
2. The “Engaging with the tweet” objective promotes a tweet containing a video
5. How to promote your videos on the Internet?
Google Adwords also offers solutions to broadcast your videos further afield by taking advantage of its huge network of partner sites.
1. A first solution: InStream video spots are an advertising format that allows you to broadcast a video ad just before or during a Youtube video. In addition to being broadcast on Youtube, these ads are also broadcast on Google’s Display network partner sites.
To access this format, you will first need to create a Display campaign on Google Adwords. I then explain in this tutorial how to create an InStream video spot.
2. A second solution: “ads targeting interaction”. “These interactive ad formats available in Google Adwords Display Network campaigns allow you to transform your video into a banner that is broadcast on the Internet (as in traditional Display campaigns):
a. The “Hover-to-play ads” format allows you to launch a video when a user hovers his mouse over your banner
b. The “Video ads in Lightbox mode” format allows you to enlarge a video banner in the center of the page viewed when a user hovers his mouse over your banner.
c. The “Three videos in Lightbox mode” format allows, like the “video ad in Lightbox mode” format, to enlarge a video banner in the center of the page viewed with a banner of 3 additional suggested videos when a user hovers his mouse over your banner.
d. The “Post the content of your Google+ page on the web” format promotes a Google+ publication with a video on Google’s Display network as a traditional banner.
To promote a Youtube video on Google’s Display Network:
1. Go to your Google Adwords account. You can also get help to configure your music clip via Adwords. Click here for more information.
2. Create a Display Network campaign by clicking on the “Campaigns” tab
3. After clicking on the “+ Campaign” button, select “Display Network Only”:
4. Once you are in the campaign creation interface, select “Interest and interaction”.
5. Follow the Display Network campaign creation tutorial for more details on Display campaign options until you reach the step of creating the 4 Display formats that can contain a Youtube video:
6. All you have to do is set up your ad and then validate the campaign so that your video starts to be broadcast on the entire Google Display Network.
This type of ad is not billed per click but only when the user interacts with the ad (“cost per commitment” or”cost per interaction”). This is an interesting way to get out of Youtube, offer richer advertising experiences and promote your videos.
Once your campaign is launched, you can create additional video ads within the same campaign (if only to compete and compare performance).